BodyGem Calorimeter Testing (measures resting energy expenditure)
We offer the latest technology to help you successfully manage your weight loss and fitness program. Knowing your metabolic rate or RMR is a key factor in determining an individual's weight, nutrition and fitness goals!
THE BIGGEST LOSER uses the BodyGem's sister device, MedGem®, to help monitor metabolic changes during drastic weight reduction!
- • The BodyGem is an indirect calorimeter which is a state of the art handheld device that accurately measures resting metabolic rate (RMR) by measuring oxygen uptake.
- • The RMR is the unique number of calories an individual burns each day without exercise or activity, and accounts for up to 75% of your total calorie needs!
- • Whether you're trying to lose weight, build strength, or complete a fitness event a plan can be prepared based on your actual needs to help get the results you want!
Calorimeter Testing Session includes:
- • Resting Metabolic Rate Results
- • Personalized Weight Management Report
How to Prepare for Your Calorimeter Test
- • Food – Avoid eating for a minimum of 4 hours prior to testing
- • Fluids – You may drink a small amount of fluids before testing to maintain normal hydration. Stimulants such as coffee, energy drinks and black teas should be avoided at least 4 hours prior to testing. Ingestion of very cold water prior to testing may affect results and should be avoided
- • Medications and Supplements- On test day, you should take all of your prescription medications as directed by your physician. Over-the-counter supplements with stimulant properties such as antihistamines should be avoided.
- • Exercise – Do not exercise prior to testing or participate in any physical activity that would increase your body temperature at least 4 hours prior to testing.
- • Illness – Please let us know if you become ill and we will reschedule your test
Cost: $100.00 - Includes Calorimeter Testing and Personalized Weight Management Report
Disclaimer: The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to
be a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use the information on this website for diagnosing or
treating any medical or health condition. Those seeking treatment for a specific disease should consult a
qualified physician. By contacting us you agree to be added to our mailing list.